COLLECTION OF IRON STAMP!
This is to inform Engineering Practitioners (Engineers) that Iron Stamp for March and June (2019) is ready for collection at the COREN Head Office. You are required to come with:-
A. Notification Letter
B. 2020 Practicing License
C. If you are authorizing, you must give a signed authority letter (not scanned signature).
- Hits: 1463
Brief: On the Secretary to the Government of Adamawa State - NIGERIA
- Engr Umar Buba Bindir (PhD), was born in Yola Town, Adamawa State. He attended Primary and Secondary Schools in Yola and graduated from the University of Maiduguri with a First Class Honours Degree in Agricultural Technology in 1983.
- He has a Masters and Doctorate Degrees from the prestigious Cranfield Institute of Technology (CIT), now Cranfield University in the UK professionalizing on Agricultural Machinery Design and Development Engineering in 1987 and 1991 respectively.
- Engr Bindir has numerous professional qualifications including:
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), UK;
- COREN Registered, Nigeria
- Fellow of the Academy of Engineering, Nigeria;
- Fellow Nigerian Society of Engineers, Nigeria;
- Fellow of the Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers;
- Fellow of the Solar Energy Society of Nigeria.
- Engr Bindir is an astute administrator with a wide working experience. He has earned several national and international awards, with a wide technical and administrative working experience in Nigeria, UK and Oceania.
- He has served in the Academia, worked in Industry, was a Director for several years in the Federal Civil Service, and was the immediate past DG/CEO of National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion, and now the Secretary to the Adamawa State Government.
- Dr Bindir is a thorough Technology Penetration Expert and an accomplished Engineer. His ingenuity and exquisite skills in ideas generation and innovate Project Development and Implementation easily stands him out in all his places of primary assignment.
- As Director General/CEO of NOTAP, He was the National Expert and a major driving force behind the national policies and strategies aimed to narrow the gap between academia and industry. He is still the champion on the strategy to develop Science and Technology Parks in Nigeria. Currently he leads as the major mover of the North East Economic Development Corridor.
- He is currently the Secretary to the Government of Adamawa State, Nigeria.
- Dr Bindir's passion mainly lies in the industrialization of the Nigerian economy through timely acquisition and deployment of relevant Technologies for economic development.
- Dr Bindir is happily married to Mrs. Natacha Umar and they are blessed with two lovely children (a girl and a boy).
Download Technical Paper