Curriculum Vitae of the Current Principal Officers of COREN and Engineering Accreditation Committee (EAC)
- Hits: 625
CITATION OF ENGR. ALI A. RABIU, FNSE, F.ASCE, FAEng, MFR who was born on the 24th of April, 1963 in Lafia Nasarawa State attended Bayero University in Kano State from where he obtained a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and a Master in Business Administration (MBA). He is a COREN registered engineer and a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (FNSE); Fellow of American Society of Civil Engineers (F.ASCE); Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Engineering (FAEng); Fellow of Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers (FNICE); Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (MNIM); Member, Nigerian Water & Sanitation Association (MNIWASA);, a recipient of the National Honour of the Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, (MFR), among others. He is a former Vice President of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, NSE, with vast experience in management and policy making. Engr. Ali A. Rabiu is the President and Chairman of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN. He has held some key positions such as: Member, Presidential Monitoring Team on DFRRI Rural Water and Sanitation Programme, Sokoto and Kebbi States; Consultant/Member, House of Representatives Adhoc Committee on the investigation of flooding of the Goronyo Dam, Sokoto State; Member, Governing Council, Federal College of Education (Technical), Bichi, Kano State. Chairman, Nigerian Society of Engineers, Kano Branch, Chairman, Technical Committee to assess the damages/loses caused by Fire outbreak at Muhammadu Abubakar Rimi Market, Kano State to mention but few. Engr. Rabiu has a robust professional career in engineering spanning over 35 years where he has served in various administrative and managerial capacities in the public and private sector, some of which are; the Executive Partner, AR – AR Partnership, Consulting Engineering firm; Senior Engineer, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Project; Project Coordinator, Bayelsa State Infrastructural Development Programme; Project Manager, Hotoro South Erosion Control Project, Kano State; Project Manager, Oforachi Irrigation Project, Kogi State; Project Manager, World Bank – Assisted Nasarawa State Community Based Urban Development Project, Karu; Project Director, Nasarawa State Massive Programme on Road Construction to mention but few. He has been responsible for, and involved in the design and supervision of several bridges, roads, concrete structures, water supply schemes, small dams, flood and erosion control works, environmental sanitation projects and community development programmes. For his many contributions to the Community and his novel works in his home State Nasarawa, he was honoured with the traditional title of Cigarin Lafia by HRH, Late Alh. Isa Mustapha Agwai 1, the Emir of Lafia. He is a recipient of various professional awards and recognitions. He is married and blessed with children.
Engr. David K. Omonibeke, FNSE Vice President of COREN Married to Mrs. Bereibia Omonibeke And blessed with five children (two boys and three girls) email@example.com +234(0) 814545211 Date of Birth: 12th April, 1971 Engr. David Kabokeme Omonibeke holds a Bachelor of Technology Degree in Marine Engineering from Rivers State University, Port Harcourt, 1995. And has over 27 years working experience in the Maritime Sector holding several management positions in Government in the Private Sectors and Professional associations. He was Executive Director, Marine &d Operations, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) from 2012 to 2016: NPA as a technical Regulator, he was actively involved in formulation and review of policies and regulation and was in charge of Bayelsa State Ferry Services 2000 – 2002 and later in charge of the Governor’s Boat fleet 2002 – 2007. He was Branch Chairman of Nigerian Society of Engineers Yenagoa Chapter 2007. He is still in practice as an independent marine Consultant and Non-Executive Director in Gigaplus Plc. Engr. David K. Omonibeke got registered by COREN as Marine Engineer and licenced to practice in August 2005. He is also a registered professional with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, May 2014 and Corporate Member of the Institute of Directors of Nigeria (IOD) June 2012 and trained independent Director of IOD. HE is also a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers Engr. David K. Omonibeke has attended several certificate courses such: ✓ April 2015, Naval Architecture & Llodys Marine Academy, UK ✓ June 2015, Advanced Leadership Certificate – University of Cambridge Judge Business School, UK. ✓ April 2016. Certificate of Marine Consultancy, Llodys Marine Academy, UK ✓ March 2018, Diploma 1 in Technical Analysis, Society of Technical Analysis, UK ✓ September 2022, Associate Chartered Institute of Stockbroking to be inducted by May 2023. From December 1995 to May 1996 Engr. David K. Omonibeke worked onboard two Ocean going vessels as graduate Marine Engineer which entailed practical hands on the job and these experiences helped in his earlier practice as Marine Engineer. The vessels were Motor Vessel African Pride of Ship & Shore Services and Motor Vessel Ocean Diver IV of Oceaneering Solus schall. Engr. David K. Omonibeke relax by watching action investigative movies and walking for life.
Engr. Prof. Adisa, Ademola Bello is a Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Engineering and the Registrar of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN). He had his early education on the Plateau and proceeded to obtain the Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree in Solid Mechanics and PhD in Mechanical Engineering. He rose through the ranks from Graduate Assistant to full Professor in 2010. He teaches subjects in the area of mechanics and energy studies. He is still serving the academic community as an external examiner/assessor in many universities and many professional/academic Journals. He served the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) in many capacities; his last assignment was as the Director, Centre for Industrial Studies. He has supervised to completion many undergraduate and postgraduate theses/dissertations including 19 Master of Engineering and 10 PhD dissertations. He has over eighty peer reviewed Journal and conference papers, eight Technical Reports and nineteen Public Lectures delivered. Indeed, he was the 45th Inaugural Laureate of the ATBU. He served as the Chief Examiner, NSE Professional Examination, Bauchi Centre for five years. He served on the Governing Councils of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) Bauchi, The Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN). He served as the 11th National Chairman of the Nigerian Institution of Mechanical Engineers (NIMechE); and has been serving on its Council since 2009. He is currently serving on the Africa, Asia and the Pacific (AAP) Accord Engineering Council, The Research and Development Standing Committee (RDSC) of TETFund and Technical Board of Hydraulic Equipment Development Institute HEDI, NASENI. He is a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (FNSE), Nigerian Institution of Mechanical Engineers (FNIMechE), Automotive and Locomotive Engineers Institute (FAutoEI), Solar Energy Society of Nigeria (FSESN) and the Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC). He is also a member of Nigerian Institute of Management NIM (Chartered), American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME and Society of Petroleum Engineers, SPE. He is listed in the International Who’s Who Historical Society (2011 – 2012) as a Professional Educator and the International Registry Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals (2012 – 2013) as a Professor. Among his many awards are: the overall second prize at the first National Competition on Design of Process Equipment and Plants organized by the RMRDC, Abuja, Nigeria and Distinguished Researcher award by the International Association of Research Scholars & Administrators (IARSA). He has been involved in many engineering trainings and community services; including leading accreditation teams to Nigerian Universities and being the lead Judge at the Royal Academy of Engineering – NIMechE FAFME Design & Creativity Competition (2020). He worked with Bauchi State Government on the Yankari Resort and Safari Redevelopment, Centre for Space Technology Development (CSTD), on the SPIRE PROJECT and Energy Commission of Nigeria (under the Renewable Energy Master Plan, National Energy Master Plan and the National Energy Policy). He enjoys traveling, reading, playing football and badminton. He is married and blessed with children. Contact: Address: 22 Addis Abba Crescent, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja - Nigeria Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Telephone: +234 (0) 8035733944; +234 (0) 8023835444 Web page: https://www.ahmaas.com
A. PERSONAL DATA Name:John Adesiji OLORUNMAIYE
Date and Place of Birth: December 5, 1957, Aiyegunle-Gbedde
|State of Origin||Kogi State, Nigeria|
Area of Specialization:
Date of First Appointment/
Gas Dynamics, Combustion, Refrigeration and Air
Conditioning, Engineering Education.
|Institution:||July 14, 1980 at University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria|
|Status on First Appointment:||Assistant Lecturer|
|Current Residential Address:||
No. 6 Mohammed Ahmed Road, GRA Extension, Agric
Layout, Fate, ILORIN.
|Permanent Home Address:||AJ 28, Near The Apostolic Church District Centre, AiyegunleGbedde, IJUMU LGA, Kogi State, Nigeria.|
|Current Postal Address:||
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
University of Ilorin, P. M. B. 1515, Ilorin, Nigeria
|Marital Status:||Married to Mrs. Adetoun Omolara OLORUNMAIYE|
Number of Children:
Names and Dates of Birth of
|Children:||Ephraim Jesufemi OLORUNMAIYE, 30/12/2005|
|E-mail Address:||firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com|
|B.||PRESENT STATUS||Professor of Mechanical Engineering with effect from October 1, 1997|
C. EDUCATIONAL DATA UNIVERSITY EDUCATION
The University of Calgary (Jan. 1981 – June 1985)
University of Ibadan (Sept. 1974 – July 1979)
St. Augustine’s College, Kabba ( Jan. 1970 – July 1974)
D. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND DIPLOMAS
- Ph.D. 1985, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. (Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.0 out of a maximum of 4.0 in the courses taken.)
- B. Sc. (First Class Honours), 1979, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
- School Certificate (Division 1 Distinction), 1974, West African Examination Council (WAEC).
E. PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Registered Engineer (COREN R4541) 1991
- F.TRAINING PROGRAMMES ATTENDED:
- African Engineering Education Association workshop on ICT- Using Visual Aids in Teaching and Learning, Central University of Technology, Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa, 20th September, 2016.
- Workshop on the Fundamentals of Programme Assessment organized by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, December 5 – 6, 2014.
- Training on the Use of Google Apps in Supporting Education, University of Ilorin Auditorium, 8th January 8, 2014.
- COREN Workshop on Review of Accreditation Scoring Criteria and Benchmark Minimum Academic Standard, Rockview Royale Hotel (Zuma Hall), Wuse II, Abuja, 10 – 11th May, 2013.
- Workshop on Globalizing Higher Education: Outreach and Curriculum Enhancement Activities for Capacity Building at VSU and UNILORIN, Virginia State University, Petersburg, Virginia, USA, June 20-30, 2011.
- 2011 Summer Leadership Institute on Coaching Leaders to Attain Student Success, Sponsored by the Department of Doctoral Studies Professional Education Programs Unit, Virginia State University, Petersburg, VA, 22nd – 24th June 2011.
- Three-Day International Workshop on Engineering Education in Nigeria: Innovative Teaching and Learning Tools organized by Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, Rockview Hotel (Royale) No 194/196 Adetokunbo Ademola Cresent Wuse II, Abuja, 5 – 7th October, 2010.
- Third Association of African Universities (AAU) Management Development (MADEV III) Workshop, University of Botswana, Gaborone, Botswana, May 24 – June 4, 2010.
- G.HONOURS, DISTINCTIONS AND MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES Honours / Distinction
1. Admitted a Fellow of Nigerian Society of Engineers (FNSE) on 13/3/2014.
Membership of Learned Societies
- Member, African Engineering Education Association (AEEA), 2014
- Member of the Nigerian Institution of Mechanical Engineers (NIMechE) (Membership No. 000789), 2012.
- Member of American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), 2003.
- Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) (Membership No. 04501), 1990.
H. EXPERIENCE SINCE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Career
- Assistant Lecturer, University of Ilorin, July 1980 – December 1980.
- Teaching/Research Assistant, The University of Calgary, Jan. 1981 – June 1985.
- Lecturer II, University of Ilorin, July 1985 – July 1986.
- Lecturer I, University of Ilorin, July 1986 – Sept. 1989.
- Senior Lecturer, University of Ilorin, Oct. 1989 – Sept. 1994.
- Reader, University of Ilorin, Oct. 1994 – Sept. 1997
- Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ilorin, Oct. 1997 to date.
(Head of Department, August 1997 – December 2003, Dean, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, January 2009 – July 2013).
- Visiting Professor, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Ogbomosho.
Nigeria, January – December, 2004.
- Visiting Professor, Kwara State University, Malete, February 2015 – January 2016.
- Vice Chancellor, Crown-Hill University, Eiyenkorin, Kwara State, January 3, 2017 to January 31, 2019..
Teaching Experience Undergraduate
The courses I have taught are:
- Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics (GET 241)
- Fundamentals of Thermodynamics (GET 242)
- Mechanics of Machines (MEE 322)
- Machine Drawing (MEE 322)
- Machine Design (MEE 333)
- Engineering Experimentation (MEE 312)
- Applied Thermodynamics I (MEE 361)
- Fluid Mechanics II (MEE 444)
- Advanced Thermodynamics (MEE 452)
- Energy Conversion Systems (MEE 471)
- Heat and Mass Transfer (MEE 471)
- Gas Dynamics and Turbomachinery (MEE 516)
- Heat Transfer and Exchangers (MEE 552)
- Energy Sources and Conversion (MEE 532)
- Thermal Engines (MEE 541)
- Tribology (MEE 532)
The courses I have taught at postgraduate level are:
- Mechanics of Compressible Flow (MEE 673)
- Measurement and Experimental Techniques I (MEE 653)
- Measurement and Experimental Techniques II (MEE 654)
- Fluid Mechanics I (MEE 703)
- Fluid Mechanics II (MEE 704)
- Radiation Heat Transfer (MEE 831)
Final Year Undergraduate Projects Supervised
I have supervised over 100 final year project students
Administrative Experience Administrative Posts Held
- Exam Officer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ilorin. 1985-1987, 1989-1991
- Laboratory Coordinator, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ilorin.
- Student Work Experience Programme (SWEP) Coordinator for Faculty of Engineering & Technology, University of Ilorin. 1987, 1996.
- Postgraduate Programme coordinator for Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ilorin. 1994-1997.
- Acting Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ilorin.
October 1997-July 1999.
- Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ilorin.
August 1999-December 2003.
- Dean, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, University of Ilorin. January 2009 - July 2013.
- Visiting Professor & Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kwara State University, Malete. 2016 – 2017.
- Vice Chancellor, Crown-Hill University, Eiyenkorin, Kwara State. January 2017 to January 2019.
- District Mechanical Officer, Kaduna state water Board, Katsina. (National Youth Service Corps primary Assignment) September 1979 – July 1980.
- Mechanical Engineer, UNECON Associates Ltd. (Consulting Engineers), Ilupeju, Lagos, October 1991- October 1992. (Sabbatical Leave Employment).
I. NATIONAL/PROFESSIONAL SERVICES & ASSIGNMENTS
- Chairman Committee of Deans of Engineering and Technology (CODET) of Nigerian Universities, August 2010 – August 2012
- Council Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), 3rd September 2012 to 2nd September 2015.
- Chairman, Education and Training Committee of COREN, 3rd September 2012 to 2nd September 2015.
- Chairman, Task Team for COREN Application for Membership of the Washington Accord, August 2017 to Date.
- Chairman, Engineering Accreditation Committee of COREN, January 2023 to Date.
J. COMMUNITY SERVICE
- During my tenure as Dean, Engineering students who had completed 400 level went out in groups (each group made up of students from all Departments) to spend about 2 weeks in several rural communities in Kwara State for their Community-Based Experience and Services (COBES) programme in years 2011 and 2012. They identified engineering problems in the communities, recommended solutions to some of the problems, gave career talks in some schools, etc. The activities were carried out with the co-operation of Local Government officials and village heads.
- Chairman, Electoral Committee, Ilorin Branch of Nigerian Society of Engineers, July 28 to August 26, 2016.
K. PUBLICATIONS (i) Selected Journal Publications
- Olorunmaiye, J.A. (2015) “Past and Present Teaching Methods in Faculties of Engineering in Nigerian Universities”, Journal of Research Information in Civil Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 620-633
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. (1996). “Evaporative Cooling of water in Earthen Pot in Quiescent Air”.
NSE Technical Transactions Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 80–91.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. (1999). “Feasibility of Dehumidifiers for Air – Comfort and Storage Applications in Nigeria”. NSE Technical Transactions Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 23 – 29.
- Olorunmaiye, J.A., Popoola, T.A., and Ibrahim, R. (2011), “Firing a Pulsed Combustor to Melt Low Melting Point Metals in a Furnance”. NSE Technical Transactions Vol. 46, No.1 pp. 62-70.
- Olorunmaiye, J.A., Awolola, O.O. and Opadiji, J.F. (2012), “Experimental Investigation of the Effect of Change in Ambient Air Temperature on Power Consumption of Domestic Refrigerators.” Nigerian Journal of Technological Development, Vol. 9, No.2, pp 96 – 105.
- Olorunmaiye, J.A., and Awolola O.O. (2013) “Study of Energy Consumption for Optimum Poultry Yield in Nigeria: NEFRADAY Farm Ltd Ilorin as a Case Study”. NSE Technical Transactions, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 63-71
- Ali, K. A. and Olorunmaiye, J. A. (2015), “The State of Engineering Sciences in Nigeria”, NSE Technical Transactions, Vol. 49, No. 2, April – June, pp.19 – 29.
- Olorunmaiye, J.A. and Awolola, O.O. (2015) “Evaluation of outside Air Design Dry and Wet bulb Temperature for Air Conditioning Systems in Nigeria”, NSE Technical Transactions, Vol. 49, No. 2, April – June, pp. 54 - 66.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A., Ariyo, D. O., Awolola, O. O., and Omolehin, I. S. (2015) “Models of Dry-Bulb Temperature and Relative Humidity for Ilorin and Ikeja Suitable for Engineering Applications”, Journal of Engineering Research Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 81 – 93.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. and Awolola, O. O. (2016), “Models of Hourly Dry Bulb Temperature and Relative Humidity of Key Selected Areas in Nigeria for Engineering Applications”, Nigerian Journal of Technology Vol. 35 No. 2, April, pp. 360 - 369.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. and Awolola, O. O.(2016), “Evidence of Global Warming in Nigeria and Recommended Responses”, AIMS Research Journal, Vol. 2, No. 2, June, pp.191-200.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. and Awolola, O. O.(2017), “Development of Cumulative Distribution Function for Dry Bulb Temperature and Evaluation of Outside Design Condition for Eighteen Locations in Nigeria”, Nigerian Journal of Technological Research, Vol. 12 No. 1 pp 5 - 11. Published by Federal University of Technology, Minna.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. and Awolola, O. O.(2018) “The Cooling Systems and Weather Statistics of Maiduguri and Yola - Nigeria”, Arid Zone Journal of Engineering, Technology and Environment, Vol. 14 (1), pp. 72-84, published by Faculty of Engineering, University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri, Nigeria.
- Olorunmaiye, J.A., Olaoye,J.O., Ajayi-Banji, A.A., and Yahaya, T. (2019) “Influence of Mode of Entry on Academic Performance of First Year Engineering Students: University of Ilorin As a Case Study”, Nigerian Journal of Tropical Engineering, Vol. 12 No. 1, pp. 82 -
91, Published by Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
University, Bauchi, Nigeria.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A., and Awolola, O. A. (2021) “Statistical Analysis of Weather Data of
Abuja and Minna with Respect to Air Conditioning Processes”, Uniabuja Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 1 No. 2, pp. 1 - 17, published by Faculty of Engineering, University of Abuja, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. and Kentfield, J. A. C. (1989). “Numerical Simulation of Valveless Pulsed Combustors”. Acta Astronautica Vol. 19, No. 8, pp. 669 – 679.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. and Kentfield, J. A. C. (1991). “Prediction of Optimum Geometry and the Performance of Valveless Pulsed Combustor in Gas Turbines, using a Mathematical Model”. J. Braz. Soc. Mech. Sci. Vol. XIII, No. 4, pp. 281 – 307.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. and Imide, N. E. (1993). “Computation of Natural Gas Pipeline Break Problem, Using the Method of Characteristics”. J. Hazardous Materials, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp.
81 – 96.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. (1996). “Practical Background of Engineering Students in Developing Countries”. Int. J. Mechanical Engineering Education, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 105 – 108.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. and Salami, M. J. E. (1997). “Measurement and Spectral Analysis of Pressure – Time Variation in a Valveless Pulsed Combustor”. Mech. Systems and Signal Processing Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 307 – 322.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. (1999). “Applications of Indigenous Technologies to Engineering Education”. Discovery and Innovation Vol. 11, No. 3/4, pp. 127-130.
- Olorunmaiye, J.A., Ariyo, D.O., Ogunshola A.D., Ajao, K.R. (2011), “Airconditioning Cooling Load and Petrol Ethanol Mixtures in Engines: Impact on Global Climate Change”, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, Vol. 38, Issue 2, pp 144 – 152.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A., Ajao, K. R., Omolehin, I. S. (2012), Effect of Climate Change on Outside Air Design Temperature for Air Conditioning Cooling Load Calculations for Ikeja and Ilorin, Nigeria,” Energy Engineering Vol. 109, No. 2, pp. 65-79
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. and Awolola, O. O. (2017), “Heating Degree-days for Estimating Energy Consumption In Poultry Houses and Incubators In Nigeria”, Energy Engineering Vol. 114, Issue 5, pp. 18 - 32. Published by the Association of Energy Engineers.
- Ariyo, D. O. and Olorunmaiye, J. A. (2017) “Degree-Day and Bin Methods of Estimating Cooling Energy for Ilorin Area of Kwara State, Nigeria”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Vol. 14, Issue 3, Ver. II, pp. 91 – 96.
- Awolola, O. O. and Olorunmaiye, J. A. (2020) “Cooling Degree Days for Estimating Energy Consumption in Air Conditioning Systems in Nigeria”, Journal of Clean Energy Technologies, Vol. 8, No.1, January, 2020, pp. 5-10.
(ii) Selected Conference Proceedings
- Olorunmaiye, J. A., and Opadiji J. F.,(2013), “Survey of Criteria for Accreditation of Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in other Countries”, Proceedings of COREN Workshop on Review of Accreditation Scoring Criteria and Benchmark Minimum Academic Standard, Rockview Royale Hotel (Zuma Hall), Wuse II, Abuja, 10 – 11th May, 2013, pp.1-27.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A. (2001). “Cooling Degree- Days for Selected Locations in Nigeria”. Proceedings of the Arab – African Conference for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Cairo, Egypt, 29th April – 1st May, 2001, pp. 17 – 31.
- Ali, K. A. and Olorunmaiye, J. A (2016), “ Harmonization of Engineering Qualifications Through South-South Cooperation in Africa”, 6th African Engineering Education Association (AEEA) Conference Proceedings, Central University of Technology, Free State, Main Campus, Bloemfontein, South Africa, September 20 – 22, pp. 197-203.
- Olorunmaiye, J. A., Olaoye, J. O., Ogunniyi, O. J., Ajayi-Banji, A. A., and Yahaya, T. (2020), “ Modes of Entry as Predictors of Academic Performance of Engineering Students in a Nigerian University”:, Virtual Conference Proceedings of 2020 IFEES World Engineering Education Forum- Global Engineering Deans Council hosted by University of Pretoria, South Africa from November 16 - 19, 2020.
(iii) Inaugural Lecture
31. Olorunmaiye, J. A., (2012) Energy Conversion and Man, 106th Inaugural Lecture, The Library and Publications Committee, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria, 48pp.
L. MAJOR CONFERENCES ATTENDED WITH PAPERS READ
- Arab – African Conference for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 29th April – 1st May 2001, EI Gezirah Sheraton Hotel Towers & Casino, Cairo. Egypt.
Olorunmaiye, J. A. “Cooling Degree – Days for Selected Locations in Nigeria”.
- Global Engineering Deans Council Conference (GEDC 2011) held at Peking University, Beijing, China, October 20-22, 2011.
- 2011 American Society for Engineering Education Global Symposium on Engineering Education and the Global Economy, held at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, October 24-25, 2011.
- 2014 World Engineering Education Forum (WEEF 2014) held at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, December 3 – 6, 2014.
- High Level Policy Forum on Engineering Accreditation and Mobility in Africa held at Conference Hall, NICON Luxury Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria, 17th – 22nd July, 2016.
- 6th African Engineering Education Association (AEEA) Conference, 20-22 September, 2016, Central University of Technology, Free State, Main Campus, Bloemfontein, South Africa.
- Workshop on Outcome Based Engineering Education and Review of Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) for Engineering Undergraduate Programmes in Nigerian Universities, 11th- 13th May, 2017, Renaissance Ikeja Lagos Hotel.
- International Engineering Alliance Meetings held at Marriott Downtown Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, June 18 – 23, 2017.
- 1st Pakistan Engineering Council Deans International Conference of Engineering Institutions, Islamabad Marriott Hotel, Pakistan, February 13-14, 2018, Paper presented: “Engineering Education Standardization, Challenges and Solutions - The Nigerian Experience”.
- International Engineering Alliance Meetings held at Crowne Plaza, Hong Kong, Kowloon East, 9 – 14 June, 2019.
- 2nd Pakistan Engineering Council Deans’ International Conference of Engineering Institutions, on Globalization of Engineering Education and Practice, 14 – 15 October, 2019, Serena Hotel, Islamabad.
M. EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Listening To Music
- Playing Tennis
My Google Scholar h-index is 28 and i10-index is 60. https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=tO94Nx4AAAAJ&hl=en
Name: Baba El-Yakubu Jibril,
Birth Date: 16th March, 1968, at Kano, Kano State
Business Address: Chemical Engineering Dept.,
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria
Residential Address: No 136, Bakin-Zuwo Quarters,
Kano Municipal Local Government, Kano State, Nigeria
Tel: (+234) 8148704070, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Salford, UK (2002)
MSc., Chemical Engineering, University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia (1996)
B.Eng, Chemical Engineering, Ahmad Bello University, Nigeria (1992) Others: Professional Development Training (sample)
- Research Proposal Writing and Grant Management (Train-the-Trainer
Workshop), Cynthia Jackson-Hammond Institute for Professional Development, Central State University, February 24- 28, 2020, Xenia, Ohio, USA.
- University Leadership and Quality Assurance Training, ABET Symposium and Training Workshops, Portland, April 11-13, 2013, Oregon, USA.
- Training Workshop on Catalytic Microactivity reactor (operation and maintenance), May 29 – June 2, 2007, PID, Madrid, Spain.
- Training Workshop on Process Modeling using HYSYS.Process (with focus on Chemical and Gas Industries), Hyprotech India, Pune, India, July 24 - 26, 2001
- Worked for twenty years under OBE system at King Saud University Riyadh, Saudi Arabi and Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
- Certificate in Arabic for Non-Arabic speakers, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saud Arabia (1997 - 1999).
- Sugar beets to glucose and ethanol Process: Design, Supervision of Fabrication and commissioning, for Raw Materials Research and Development Council (Team Leader), 2022
- Cassava Fuel-Ethanol Feasibility study for Kebbi State Site, NNPC Ltd (member, team of consultants), 2022 (Funding: N200,000,000)
- Cassava Fuel-Ethanol Feasibility study for Kogi State Site, NNPC Ltd (member, team of consultants), 2022
- Sugarcane Fuel-Ethanol Feasibility study for Kebbi State Site, NNPC Ltd (member, team of consultants), 2022
- Sweet Sorghum to Fuel-Ethanol Process: Design, Supervision of Fabrication and commissioning, for Raw Materials Research and Development Council (Team Leader), 2019
- System for upgrading heavy crude oil using bimetallic catalysts and method for saturates characterization using gas chromatography with mass spectroscopy and flame-ionization detectors, by Onoriode Paul Avbenake, Fadimatu Nyako Dabai, Auwal Aliyu and Baba El-Yakubu Jibril, (Patent Registered, 2022).
- Selective Sorption-Enhanced Hierarchical ZSM5-supported Zn-Ni Catalysts developed for Enhanced Hydrogen and Bio-Oil Production from Rice Husk Pyrolysis, by Sulaiman Adamu, Fadimatu Nyako Dabai, Abdulazeez Yusuf Atta and Baba El-Yakubu Jibril, Patent Registered 2022, (Patent Registered, 2022).
- Polystyrene-reduced graphene oxide composite as sorbent for oil removal from oil-water mixture, by I. O. Akanji, S. Iwarere, B. S. Saulawa, M. Bello, B. El-Yakubu Jibril and M. O. Daramola, (being reviewed for patent registration).
- Performances of Green Tetrabutylammonium Bromide-Based Deep Eutectic Solvents in Enhanced Oil Recovery of Nigerian residual Oi, by A. Abdurrahman, S.M Shuwa, F. N. Dabai, O. D. Orodu, F. T. Ogunkunle, S.Y. Adamu and B. J. El-Yakubu, (being reviewed for patent registration)
Professor, Chemical Engineering Department, Ahmadu
Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Nigeria,
|March2015-March2017||Pioneer Acting Head of Department, Visiting Professor, Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department, Bayero University, Kano (BUK), Nigeria|
|Sept2011-Aug2014||Visiting Professor, Chemical Engineering Department, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Nigeria.|
|Sept2008-Aug2014||Associate Professor, Department of Petroleum and Chemical Engineering, Sultan Qaboos University (SQU).|
|Feb2005-April 2008||Assistant Professor, Department of Petroleum and Chemical Engineering, Sultan Qaboos University|
|Aug2002 – Dec2004||Lecturer, Department of Chemical Engineering|
|King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|May 1998 – July2002||PhD Researcher, Chemical Engineering,|
|University of Salford, UK|
|Oct1996 – Jan1998||Researcher, Department of Chemical Engineering|
|King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|May 1994 – Oct1996||Graduate Research Assistant, Chemical Engineering Dept.|
|University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia|
|Feb1993 – April 1994||Assistant Manager, Nichem Consult - Consultancy Arm of the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE)|
- Computer Application in Chemical Engineering -with focus on process simulations and computational materials design
- Renewable Bioethanol as automobile fuel (worked for several clients on feasibility study on production of bioethanol in Nigeria)
- Analyses, characterizations and cracking of Petroleum samples -with focus on synthesis and development of Zeolites and other Solid Catalysts.
- Development of new ionic liquids analogues called deep eutectic solvent
- Enhanced Heavy Crude Oil Recovery (catalytic upgrading/enhanced oil recovery)
- Catalytic and adsorptive oilfield wastewater treatment; Engineering Education
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- Developed several new zeolites-based catalysts for petrochemicals and petroleum refining applications. [Please, see below, list of publications]
- First preparation of analcime zeolite from Nigerian kaolin and rice husk ash, useful as a catalyst support for petroleum refinery. [Please, see the list of publications]
- Developed several catalysts for conversion of LPG (propane) to olefins using a new method (called oxidative dehydrogenation). Important reaction for petrochemical industry. [Please, see the list of publications]
- Developed activated carbon for oilfield wastewater treatment
- Introduced novel solvents for enhanced recovery and catalytic upgrading of heavy oil. Application of this technology will lead to producing more oil at less cost, important for the petroleum industry. Potential use for upgrading Nigerian Bitumen to lighter products [Please, see the list of publications].
- Member, Nigerian National Energy Working Committee, Nigerian Vision 2020:20 (June- August, 2009)
- Assessor, Nigerian National Merit Award (Jan 2017- Date)
- Development of new chemicals for Enhanced Oil Recovery of Nigerian crude oil. Encouraging results have been obtained so far.
- Resource Person on Implementation of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) in Engineering Programs in Nigerian Universities, under the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) (2018 – Date).
- Deputy Chairman, Engineering Accreditation Committee (EAC), COREN
- PTDF-Chair Professor/Director, Chemical Engineering, ABU, Zaria (January 2017 - Date) – Directing Research sponsored by PTDF - Petroleum Technology Development Fund, Nigeria.
- HoD, Chemical Engineering Department, ABU, Zaria (May 2017 – May 2019)
- Editor-in-Chief, Nigerian Journal of Engineering, (September 2019 - date).
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Nigerian Journal of Engineering, (August -15–August2019). ABU Academic Quality Assurance, Committee Member (Aug 2015 – Date)
- Ag.HoD, Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department, BUK, Kano (March 2014 – March 2017).
- External Examiner and Accreditation Panel Member/Leader for several institution.
- Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, Elsevier
- Applied Catalysis, A: General, Elsevier
- Applied Catalysis, B: Environmental, Elsevier
- Catalysis Communication, Elsevier
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, American Chemical Society. - Separation and Purification Technology, Elsevier
UG/PG Courses Taught in the last two years First Semester
Product/Process Design I (covering Design data, product/process creation, design heuristics and process equipment costings) Petroleum Refining and Fossil Fuel technology
Entrepreneurship and Production Management
Product/Process Design II (covering Process Optimization, HYSYS Aspen Simulations and Plant Profitability Analysis)
Engineering Materials and Catalysis
Material Properties and Design
Postgraduate (taught some modules)
Renewable Energy and Biorefinery (covering biofuels, hydrogen from biomass and carbon capture)
Introduction to Computational Catalysis and Materials Design
Materials Characterizations Techniques
Supervisions for Postgraduate students (showing student’s name, thesis title and year of graduation)
- Mansur Suleiman, “Carbon Capture Using Zeolite-A Supported Triethylammonium Hydrogen Sulphate Ionic Liquid”, 2022
- Onoriode Paul AVBENAKE, ‘Upgrading of Heavy Oil and Bitumen Using Aquathermolysis on NiCo/-Al2O3 Catalyst”, 2022
- ADAMU, Sulaiman Yahaha, “Sorption-Enhanced Catalytic Pyrolysis of Rice Husk Using Hierarchical ZSM-5 Catalyst”, 2021
- Godwin Gbenga OSEKE, “Development of Zinc-based/ZSM-5 Catalyst for Propane Aromatization”, 2021
- Suleiman Baba USMAN, “Development of Mo-based Hierarchical ZSM-5 Catalyst for Bitumen Upgrading”, 2021
- Aminu Muhammad, “Separation of Toluene from Octane using New Deep Eutectic Solvent based in` tetrabutyl ammonium bromide and Polyethylene
- Opeoluwa Olusola FASANYA, “Production of Hydrogen via Methanol Steam Reforming on CuZn non-Porous and Porous Supported Catalysts”, 2020
- Patrick O Nwosibe, “Catalytic Upgrading of Nigeria Bitumen Using FCC Equilibrated Catalyst”, 2019
- Ibrahim B. Dauda, “Performance of Hierarchical ZnO/ZSM-5 Catalysts for Propane Aromatization”, 2018
- Osigbesan Aishat Ayoola, “Reforming of Gaseous Products of Pyrolyzed Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) Waste Using Fe-Mordenite Catalyst”, 2018
- Abubakr Y. Waziri, “Catalytic Reforming of Gaseous Products from Pyrolysis of Low-Density Polyethylene over Modified Fe-ZSM-5”, 2017
- Adel Mohsenzadeh, “Novel Application of Deep Eutectic Solvents (DESs) for Enhanced Heavy Oil Recovery”, 2016
- Toyese Oyegoke, “Techno-economic Feasibility Study of Bioethanol Production in Nigeria”, 2016
- Nurudeen Salahudeen, “Development of zeolite Y and ZSM5 Composite Catalyst from Kankara Kaolin”, 2015
- Abdullahi Yusuf, “In-Situ Upgrading of Omani Heavy Oil by Bimetallic Catalyst”, 2015
- Suleiman M. Shuwa, “In-Situ catalytic upgrading of Omani heavy Oil”, 2015
- Sherwin T. Sepe, “Biodigester Development and Kinetic Study of Biogas Production from Biomass”, 2014
External Examinations for Postgraduate Students at various universities
- Kyari Abba
- Ekwugha, Chinedu Kenneth
- Saleh Andeyabin
- Moroto Yusuf Haruna
- NNamchi Anthony Chidi
- Ismail Muhammad Salihu
- Owolabi Omowunmi Patricia
- Onuorah Emmanuel Somuadina
- Balasubramaniam Karpan
SCHOLARLY ACHIEVEMENTS:(Please, find details on my https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=tO94Nx4AAAAJ&hl=en)
Recent Research Grants
- Development of Selective Sorption-Enhanced Hierarchical ZSM5-supported Zn-Ni Catalysts for Enhanced Hydrogen and Bio-Oil Production from Rice Husk Pyrolysis (sponsored by Petroleum Technology Development Fund, Nigeria)
- Enhanced Recovery of Nigeria Petroleum using Green Solvents, Sponsored by TETFund, Nigeria (Funding N 35,000,000)(2019-2021). ($1 = N380)
- “Development of zeolite catalysts for aromatization of alkanes”, Sponsored by PTDF, Nigeria (Funding N 9,000,000), (Phase II - 2019-2021). ($1 = N380)
- “Development of zeolite catalysts for aromatization of alkanes”, Sponsored by PTDF, Nigeria (Funding N 29,000,000), (Phase I - 2015-2017). ($1 = N380) “In-situ Catalytic Upgrading of Omani Heavy Crude Oil during Steam Injection”,
Sponsored by The Research Council, Oman (Funding: R.O. 145,000) (2011-2014). (1 Omani Riyal = $2.58)
Publications (Abridged list of more than 100 publications)
- Isah Yakub Mohammed, David James, Baba Jibril El-Yakubu and Mohammed Ahmed Bawa, Proxanal-based predictive model for estimating ultanal attributes of lignocellulosic biomass, Cleaner Chemical Engineering, Vol 4, (2022).
- Gbenga Godwin Oseke, Abdulazeez Yusuf Atta, Bello Mukhtar, Benjamin Olorunfemi Aderemi, Baba El-Yakubu Jibril, “Synergistic Effect of Zn with Ni on ZSM-5 as Propane Aromatization Catalyst: Effect of Temperature and Feed flowrate", Journal of Porous Materials volume 29, pages1839–1852 (2022).
- G. Oseke, E. E. Peter, A. Y. Atta, B. Mukhtar, B. Jibril El-Yakubu & B. O. Aderemi, Improved aromatic yield and toluene selectivity in propane aromatization over Zn–Co/ZSM-5: effect of metal composition and process conditions. J Porous Mater (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10934-022-01397-w
- J T. Mamman, A. Y. Atta, B. Mukhtar, A.S. Kovo, B. O. Aderemi, B. Y. Jibril, “Zinc Modified Hierarchical ZSM-5 for Aromatisation of Propane”, Journal of Porous Materials, 29, pages1349–1362 (2022).
- Gbenga Godwin Oseke, Abdulazeez Yusuf Atta, Bello Mukhtar, Benjamin Olorunfemi Aderemi, Baba El-Yakubu Jibril, “Increasing the catalytic stability of microporous Zn/ZSM-5 with copper for enhanced propane aromatization, Journal of King Saud University - Engineering Sciences, Volume 33, Issue 8, December (2021).
- E. Peter, A.Y. Atta, B. Mukhtar, B.O. Aderemi, B. Y. Jibril, “Thermodynamic Analysis of Products Distribution for Propane Aromatization Process”, JKSU - Engineering Sciences, Volume 33, Issue 7, November (2021).
- Jamil Naser, Onoriode P. Avbenakeb, Fadimatu N. Dabai and Baba Y. Jibril, “Regeneration of spent bleaching earth and conversion of recovered oil to biodiesel”, Waste Management Volume 126, 1 May 2021, Pages 258-265.
- Opeoluwa O. Fasanya, Abdulazeez Y.Atta, Myo T.Z.Myint, Joydeep Dutta and Baba Y. Jibril, Effects of synthesis methods on performance of CuZn/MCM-41 catalysts in methanol steam reforming, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 46, Issue 5, 19 January (2021), Pages 3539-3553.
- Paul O. Avbenake, Baba Y. Jibril, Rashid S. Al-Hajri, “Saturates and Aromatics Characterization in Heavy Crude Oil Upgrading Using Ni-Co/γ-Al2O3 Catalysts”, Petroleum Science and Technology,38 (14), (2020), 800-807.
- Toyese Oyegoke, Fadimatu Nyako Dabai, Adamu Uzairu and Baba Yakubu
Jibril, “Mechanistic insight into propane dehydrogenation into propylene over chromium (III) oxide by cluster approach and Density Functional Theory calculations”, European Journal of Chemistry 11 (4) (2020) 342-350.
- Ibrahim B. Dauda, Mustapha Yusuf, Sharafadeen Gbadamasi, Mukhtar Bello,
Abdulazeez Y. Atta, Benjamin O. Aderemi, and Baba Y. Jibril, “Highly Selective Hierarchical ZnO/ZSM-5 Catalysts for Propane Aromatization”, ACS Omega 2020, 5, 6, 2725-2733 (Article) Publication Date (Web): February 10, 2020, DOI:
- Gbenga Godwin Oseke, Abdulazeez Yusuf Atta, Bello Mukhtar, Baba ElYakubu Jibril & Benjamin Olorunfemi Aderemi, “Highly selective and stable Zn–
Fe/ZSM-5 catalyst for aromatization of propane”, Applied Petrochemical Research, DOI 10.1007/s13203-020-00245-9, 10, pages55–65 (2020)
- Nakakana, S., Atta, A. Y., El-Yakubu, B. J., Ahmed, A.S. and Adefila, S. S.,
“Hierarchical zeolite as a new frontier in FCC Catalysis: A short review”, Journal of the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers, 34(2), 2019.
- Opeoluwa O. Fasanya, Rashid Al-Hajri, Omar U. Ahmed, Myo T. Z. Myint, B.Y. Jibril and Joydeep Dutta, “Copper zinc oxide nanocatalysts grown on cordierite substrate for hydrogen production using methanol steam reforming”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 44, Issue 41, 30 August 2019, Pages 22936-22946
- Iman Al-Wahaibi; Yahya Al-Wahaibi; Rashid Al-Hajri; Baba Jibril; Suleiman Shuwa, “The novel use of malonic acid-based deep eutectic solvents for enhancing heavy oil recovery”, International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology (IJOGCT), Vol. 20, No. 1, 2019.
- Onoriode P. Avbenake, Baba Y. Jibril, and Rashid S. Al-Hajri, “Catalytic upgrading of heavy oil using Ni-Co/γ-Al2O3 catalyst: Effect of initial atmosphere and water-gas shift reaction”, Fuel, Volume 235, 1 January 2019, Pages 736-743.
- Mohsenzadeh, Y. Al-Wahaibi, R. Al-Hajri, B. Y. Jibril, N. Mosavat,
“Sequential deep eutectic solvent and steam injection for enhanced heavy oil recovery and in-situ upgrading”, Fuel, Volume 187, 1 January 2017, Pages 417428.
- Abdullahi Yusuf, Rashid S. Al-Hajri, Yahya M. Al-Waheibi and Baba Y. Jibril, Upgrading of Omani Heavy Oil with Bimetallic Amphiphilic Catalysts,
Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, Volume 67, October 2016, Pages 45-53.
- Abdullahi Yusuf, Rashid S. Al-Hajri, Yahya M. Al-Waheibi, Baba. Y. Jibril, “In-situ upgrading of Omani heavy oil with catalyst and hydrogen donor”, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, Volume 121, September 2016, Pages 102-112.
- Usman, A. Galadima, U.Z. Faruq and B.Y. Jibril, “Catalytic Influences of
Dispersed Copper Complex ion on Aquathermolysis of Heavy Crude Oil”, International Journal of Science for Global Sustainability, 2(1), 86-96 (2016).
- M. Shuwa, R.S. Al-Hajri, A. Mohsenzadeh, Y.M. Al-Waheibi and B.Y. Jibril, Heavy Crude Oil Recovery Enhancement and In-situ Upgrading during Steam Injection using Ni-Co-Mo Dispersed Catalyst, SPE-179766-MS, Proceeding of SPE Middle East Oil & Gas Show and Conference 2016.
- Mohsenzadeh, Y. Al-Wahaibi, B.Y. Jibril, R. Al-Hajri, S. Shuwa, “The novel use of Deep Eutectic Solvents for enhancing heavy oil recovery”, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Volume 130, June 2015, Pages 6-15.
- Al-Weheibi, I., Al-Hajri, R., Al-Wahaibi, Y., Jibril, B. Y, Mohsenzadeh, A., “Oil Recovery Enhancement in Middle East Heavy Oil Field using Malonic Acid based Deep Eutectic Solvent”, Proceeding of SPE Middle East Oil & Gas Show and Conference 172592-MS SPE Conference Paper – 2015.
- Mohsenzadeh, Y. Al-Wahaibi, R. Al-Hajri, B. Y. Jibril, “Effects of concentration, salinity and injection scenario of Ionic Liquids analogue in heavy oil recovery enhancement” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering,(In Press, Available online 9 May 2015).
- Salahudeen, A. S. Ahmed, A. H. Al-Muhtaseb, M. Dauda, S. M. Waziri, B. Y. Jibril, Synthesis, characterization and adsorption study of nano-sized activated alumina synthesized from kaolin using novel method, Powder Technology Volume 280, August 2015, Pages 266-272’.
- Salahudeen, A. S. Ahmed, A. H. Al-Muhtaseb, M. Dauda, S. M. Waziri, B. Y. Jibril, Synthesis and Characterization of Micro-Sized Silica from Kankara Kaolin Journal of Engineering Research, Volume 19 No. 1 December 2014.
- Nurudeen Salahudeen, Abdulkarim S. Ahmed, Ala'a H. Al-Muhtaseb, Mohammed Dauda, Saidu M. Waziri, Baba Y. Jibril, Synthesis of gamma alumina from Kankara kaolin using a novel technique Applied Clay Science, Volumes 105– 106, March 2015, Pages 170-177.
- Salahudeen, A.S. Ahmed, A.H. Al-Muhtaseb, B.Y. Jibril, R. Al-Hajri, S. M. Waziri, M. Dauda, J. Al-Sabahi, Microwave-Assisted Adsorptive Desulfurization of Model Diesel Fuel Using Synthesized Microporous Rare Earth Metal-Doped Zeolite Y. The Journal of Engineering Research, 12 (2015) 1 44-52.
- Salahudeen, A. S. Ahmed, M. Dauda, S. M. Waziri, B. Y. Jibril and A. H.
Al-Muhtaseb, Study of the Thermal Stability Effect of Impregnation of Lanthanum Metal on FCC Catalyst. Australian Journal of Industry Research, 1 (2014) 2; 1015. www.scie.org.au/industry-vol1-no2-2014.
– CV of Baba El-Yakubu, PTDF-Chair Professor of Chemical Engineering, ABU, Zaria, Nigeria
Recent Consultancy works and Funded Projects
- Enhanced Recovery of Nigeria Oil using Green Solvents, Sponsored by TETFund, Nigeria (Funding =N=35,000,000)(2019-2021).
- “Development of zeolite catalysts for aromatization of alkanes”, Sponsored by PTDF, Nigeria (Funding =N=29,000,000), (2015-2017).
- “In-situ Catalytic Upgrading of Omani Heavy Crude Oil during Steam Injection”, Sponsored by The Research Council, Oman (Funding: R.O. 145,000) (2011-2014).
- “Areej Vegetable Oils Company Spent Bleaching Earth: Characterization, Oil Recovery/Conversion to biodiesel and Regeneration”, Areej Vegetable Oils & Derivatives SAOG, Rusayl Industrial Estate, Oman (2010-2011). (Funding: R.O.7,917, 1 RO = $2.60 = N515).
- “Investigating Cable Swelling”, Oman Cable Industries, Rusayl Industrial Estate, Oman, (2011).
- “Photocatalytic Degradation of Refinery Wastewater”, Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research, Sultan Qaboos University, Expected starting date, January 2009. (with IlhamKirm ) (Funding: R.O. 5,000, 2010-2012).
- “Prospects and challenges of biofuel production in Investigating in Nigeria., (2008).
- “Natural Gas Fingerprinting using GC Analysis”, Sponsored by Petroleum Development of Oman, being conducted at Sultan Qaboos University (with Tabasim Khan) (2007-2008).
- "Developing Catalysts for Hydrogen Production”, Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research, Sultan Qaboos University, Expected starting date, January 2009. (with Ilham Kirm ) (Funding: R.O. 6,000, 2009-2011).
- "Catalytic conversion of hydrogen sulphide for air pollution control", Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research, Sultan Qaboos University, January 2007. (with R. Al-Hajri and I. Ashour) (Funding: R.O. 6,400, 2007-2009).
- “Evaluation of non-intrusive Hydro steel technique for detecting sour corrosion,” Sponsored by Petroleum Development of Oman, being conducted at Sultan Qaboos University (with Mahmoud AbdulGoad) (Funding RO 57,700, 2007-2008). 12.“Evaluation of Micocor advanced electrical resistance technique for corrosion monitoring,” Sponsored by Petroleum Development of Oman, being conducted at Sultan Qaboos University (with Mahmoud AbdulGoad) (Funding RO 38,500, 2007-2008).
Referees: Names and contacts details of referees will be given upon request