- Hits: 1068
NOTICE TO ALL WOULD BE REGISTRANTS BY COREN
The COVID-19 era is here and we have to learn to live in the new norm dictated by the unfortunate incidence. One of the measures COREN has adopted to minimize long contact between the interviewer and the interviewees is to minimize time spent in the process.
To achieve this, would-be registrants are strongly advised to adhere to the terms and conditions stipulated in the guideline for registration below.
- Visit our website: www.coren.gov.ng Click on “Register now”
- Press on ctrl and double click on the GUIDELINES ON DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED FOR REGISTRATION AND EXAMINATION SCORING SHEET
- One (1) copy of the WORK EXPERIENCE REPORT must be submitted at least two weeks before the interview date at the designated States offices nearest to the examination centers and softcopy sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Candidates are to bring One (1) hard copy to the examination center.
- All candidates for registration must come with the printout of Applicant’s Profile page to the venue.
- No verification of invitation shall be conducted at the venue. You must therefore be officially invited for the process.
- Candidate must meet the waiting period of 4 years or as stipulated for his/her cadre before the date results are to be presented to Council for approval. This should not exceed one (1) month.
- Originals must be presented for sighting at the venue. In case of online interview, candidate should contact the Registration Department for direction.
- Transcripts or photocopies shall not be accepted for registration.
- No police report or affidavit shall be accepted without due clearance from the Registrar.
Engr Prof. Joseph O. Odigure
4th August 2020
Brief: On the Secretary to the Government of Adamawa State - NIGERIA
- Engr Umar Buba Bindir (PhD), was born in Yola Town, Adamawa State. He attended Primary and Secondary Schools in Yola and graduated from the University of Maiduguri with a First Class Honours Degree in Agricultural Technology in 1983.
- He has a Masters and Doctorate Degrees from the prestigious Cranfield Institute of Technology (CIT), now Cranfield University in the UK professionalizing on Agricultural Machinery Design and Development Engineering in 1987 and 1991 respectively.
- Engr Bindir has numerous professional qualifications including:
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), UK;
- COREN Registered, Nigeria
- Fellow of the Academy of Engineering, Nigeria;
- Fellow Nigerian Society of Engineers, Nigeria;
- Fellow of the Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers;
- Fellow of the Solar Energy Society of Nigeria.
- Engr Bindir is an astute administrator with a wide working experience. He has earned several national and international awards, with a wide technical and administrative working experience in Nigeria, UK and Oceania.
- He has served in the Academia, worked in Industry, was a Director for several years in the Federal Civil Service, and was the immediate past DG/CEO of National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion, and now the Secretary to the Adamawa State Government.
- Dr Bindir is a thorough Technology Penetration Expert and an accomplished Engineer. His ingenuity and exquisite skills in ideas generation and innovate Project Development and Implementation easily stands him out in all his places of primary assignment.
- As Director General/CEO of NOTAP, He was the National Expert and a major driving force behind the national policies and strategies aimed to narrow the gap between academia and industry. He is still the champion on the strategy to develop Science and Technology Parks in Nigeria. Currently he leads as the major mover of the North East Economic Development Corridor.
- He is currently the Secretary to the Government of Adamawa State, Nigeria.
- Dr Bindir's passion mainly lies in the industrialization of the Nigerian economy through timely acquisition and deployment of relevant Technologies for economic development.
- Dr Bindir is happily married to Mrs. Natacha Umar and they are blessed with two lovely children (a girl and a boy).
Download Technical Paper
- Hits: 2495