- Hits: 42825
Mrs. Ayoola Taiwo Obafunmi was born on the 15th of November, 1969. She hails from Ogun State, Nigeria. She started her primary education at Mount Carmel Convent School, E/B, Lagos (First School Leaving Certificate, 1981) and secondary school at Wesley Girls Secondary School, Yaba, Lagos- West African School Certificate (WASC) 1986. She then went further for a Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) at Ogun State Polytechnic, Abeokuta for an Advanced Level Certificate (GCE-A Level) 1989
She obtained her B. A. (Hons.) English (Second Class Upper Division) from Ogun State University, now Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago-Iwoye in 1994 and later proceeded to the University of Lagos where she bagged her M. A. (Hons) Degree in Literature in 1998.
Mrs. Obafunmi was employed into the services of COREN as an Assistant Registrar in 1998. She pioneered COREN Zonal Office in Warri in 2001 and was later transferred to COREN Head office Abuja in 2004 to Head the Registration Department, a position she held for over 8 years. She is currently the Head of Management Services Department as Assistant Director.
A member of the Nigerian Institute of Management (AMNIM), she has attended courses locally and internationally.
Mrs. Obafunmi is married to a Pastor and they are blessed with children.
Mrs. Maureen Obiageriaku Hembadoon Gbagir is a seasoned Human Resource Practitioner and an Administrator, with over 20 years of professional experience covering strategic human resource management, administrative management, relationship building, stakeholder coordination, and financial administrative management. She has successfully led strategy development for effective talent acquisition and retention, ensured a healthy employee relation by driving a work enabling environment, and managed change processes at workplace; effectively managed benefits and compensation for the organisation, coordinated recruitment processes, and facilitated learning and development. She is open to senior management positions in human resource management. She is happily married with Children and is a practicing Catholic.
Attended the Federal Govt. Girlsâ€™ College, Bakori and obtained the WASC Oâ€™ Level in 1985; obtained the Higher National Diploma in Finance & Banking, from the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State in 1995; Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the University of Calabar, Cross River State in 2000; Masterâ€™s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Calabar, Cross River State in 2002; PGD in Public Administration with specialty in Human Resources Management from the Administrative Staff College of Nigeria, (ASCON), Lagos in 2013
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Â· Human Resources
Â· HR Policy and Strategy
Â· Administrative Management
Â· Benefits and Compensation
Â· Learning and Development
Â· Stakeholder Coordination
Â· Business Leadership
Â· Talent Retention Strategy
Â· Performance and Team
Â· Excellent Communications
Working with Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) Since February, 2003; as Zonal Officer/Administrative Manager, Akure, Ondo State from November 2003 â€“ 2005; and from 2005 to date, at the Headquarters, Abuja.
Areas of Experience and Work Done:
- Planned and coordinated administrative procedures and devised ways to streamline processes.
- Trained personnel and allocated responsibilities and office space in the Akure Zonal Office
- Assessed staff performance and provided coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensured smooth and adequate flow of information within the Zone to facilitate business operations.
- Managed schedules and deadlines to meet set targets
- Monitored inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitored costs and expenses and assisted in budget preparations.
- Oversaw facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons.
- Ensured operations adhered to policies and regulations of COREN
- Developing organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; recommending to organization strategic thinking and direction; and establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implementing human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and labor relations.
- Managing human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Developing human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishing special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supporting management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guiding management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhancing department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Mr. Abudu Sunday Omotayo was born on 28th March 1968 in Somolu, Lagos State. He is a native of Ago-Iwoye, in Ijebu North LGA of Ogun State.
He attended Sanni-Luba Primary and Secondary School in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State between 1974 - 1984. He studied Accountancy at Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo, Lagos State (National Diploma) between 1985 -1987 and Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos (1990 - 1993) where he obtained (Higher National Diploma (Lower Credit) in Accountancy & Finance. He is an Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN).
Mr. Abudu has worked in different establishments as a Cost Accounting Clerk, Clerical Officer, Account Officer, and Cost Accountant. He has also served as an Audit Trainee in Titi-Olaniyan & Co. (a firm of Chartered Accountant) between 1988 - 2002. He joined the Council for the Regulation of Engineering Nigeria, COREN in 2003 as Principal Registry Assistant (Audit) and rose to the post of Assistant Chief Auditor in 2012. Presently, he is the Head of Audit.
He is married with children.
Mr. Aminu Garba Kangiwa was born to the family of Malam Garba Kangiwa and Malama Hadiza Saidu, in Gulma Town on Monday, 15th April, 1974.
He attended Bui Primary School - 1979-1984
Government Secondary School Kamba - 1985-1987
Kanta College Argungu - 1988-1990
After his primary and secondary education, he proceeded to Kebbi State Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi (now Waxiri Umaru Federal Polytechnic) where he obtained:
Introductory (Preliminary studies) - 1991-1992
National Diploma (Building Technology) -1992 -1994
Higher National Diploma (Building Technology) - 1995-1997
PGDIT (HIIT Kano -University of Lagos affiliated) - 2003.
Mr. Kangiwa did his National Youth Service (NYSC) in Works Department of Bwari Area Council Secretariat, FCT, Abuja, from 1998-1999.
Mr. Kangiwa is in the employment of Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), from year 2000 till date, and he is currently a Chief Technical Officer/ Head of Projects & Facilities Management Unit of COREN.
He is registered member of the following Regulatory bodies /Professional Associations:
- Member, Nigeria Association of Engineering Craftsmen (NAEC) - 2009
- COREN Registered Engineering Craftsman -2010
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Building (NIOB) -2021
- Council of Registered Builders In Nigeria (CORBON) -In view
He attended several courses and conferences and amongst them are:
- Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON) Badagary, Lagos. -2009
- RIPA International London, UK. -2009
- Centre for Management Development (CMD) -2015
- Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON) Badagary, Lagos. -2018
Mr. A. G Kangiwa has travelled to all the 36 States in Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
He is happily married with one (1) wife and three (3) children.
Ojonugwa Haruna was born on 1st October, 1978 in Makurdi, Benue State. She attended her primary education at St. Catherine Primary School Makurdi, 1988. She then went to United Faith Tabernacle College in Jos, Plateau State in 1991 and completed at Ochaja Girls Secondary School in 1998.
She obtained her B. A. (Hon) Mass Communication from Kogi State University Anyagba in 2003.
A member of the Nigeria Institute of Public Relation
Ojonugwa Haruna is married with Children.
Barr. Efe Airiohuodion is the head of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria Legal Unit. She is a lawyer with over ten years of experience in various aspects of legal practice.
She is very passionate about what she does and has contributed her legal knowledge and skills both locally and internationally.
She was born in Lagos Nigeria where she also did her nursery and primary school education. She completed her secondary school education at Federal Government Girls' College Oyo State. From there she proceeded to the University of Benin Edo State where she graduated with a bachelorâ€™s degree in law. After that, she went to the Nigerian Law School, where she was successfully called to the Nigerian Bar.
She has attended various local and international courses in her field of practice.
She enjoys traveling, nature, reading, researching, singing, and counseling.
Mrs Ngozi Blessed Umeh, a registered Member of Nigerian Institute of Management, is a Principal Administrative Officer in the service of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN. She joined the service of COREN in September, 14th, 2009 and has served for over twelve (12) years. Before her employ in COREN, she has over the years worked in different organisations like Finance Industries, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, (NNPC) Towers, Abuja, etc, and has acquired experience in various aspects of administrative and managerial skills. She has as well attended so many seminars, conferences and trainings which have aided her job delivery. She is currently the Head of the Outcome Based Education (OBE) Secretariat of COREN.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS: Mrs Ngozi Blessed Umeh had a Masters Degree in Public Administrative from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, in 2015 and a Post- graduaduate Diploma in Public Administration as well in 2014.
In 2019/2020, Mrs Umeh attended a one (1) year intensive course in public service administration at the Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON), where she obtained a Distinction in Public Administration.
Mrs Umeh graduated from Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, Imo State, in 2001 and had her Youth Service Corps in Ekiti State in 2002 with NYSC Honours Award. She equally had her Secondary and Primary Education from Agba Girls College, Isuochi and Isuochi Central School respectively, both from Abia State.
Mrs Umeh is a Profession Manager, a goal-getter and a team player who has distinguished herself in her mode of service delivery in any given task or target. Mrs Umeh is married with children.
Hom Ikparen was born on 1st December 1984 in Gboko, Gboko L.G.A of Benue State. He attended Roots Nursery and Primary School (1990-1996) Yandev, Gboko, Benue state. He attended his first secondary school Mount Saint Gabrielâ€™s Secondary Makurdi from 1996-2001 and completed his secondary school at Government Secondary School Bwari, Abuja 2001-2003. He further attained his B.TECH. (Physics Electronics) at Federal University of Technology Minna, Niger State 2004-2009. He has certificate in Advance Wireless Communication at Convergence Labs Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. 2012.
He started work at COREN in 2012.
He was MIS officer at COREN Professional Development Centre (CPDC) 2013-2014. He is currently the Head of Management Information System
He has the following skills:
- Installation of V-Sat.
- Computer Networking (Wired and Wireless).
- Computer repairs, maintenance, and help desk support to end users.
- Wired Technologies :PSTN, ISDN, SS7.
- Wireless Technologies GPRS, EDGE, CDMA, UMTS
- Telecom Protocols:ISUP,SCCP,TCAP,INAP,CC,SS,RR,MM,SMS, BSSAP, DTAP,MAP, CAMEL
- Networking: TCP/IP- TCP, UDP, ARP, RARP, ICMP, RIP,OSPF, BGP
- Computer Networking.
- Database management using a human capital management software
- IP-PBX maintenance and VOIP management
- Computer repairs and maintenance.
- Maintenance and management network and communications (LAN, WAN) links.
- Educating and supporting end users on applications.
- Help desk support to end users.
- Aiding the Head MIS in managing the entire IT environment.
- Planning, development and implementation of hardware, software applications, programming and systems network and integration of enterprise networks.
- Creating plans for use of telecommunications (VoIP, PBX, intercom etc.) integration with existing information systems.
- Monitor MIS performance regularly to avoid unplanned outages and downtimes.
- Planning and managing upgrades of hardware and software systems.
- Track and monitor security of hardware and software systems.
- Recommend and implement new technology solutions to improve productivity.
- Develop and maintain system plans including operational requirements, budget requirements and schedules.
- E-library development and management.
- Access point management.
- Management Unified Communication System
- Operating System : Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Test tools: Drive test for GSM, GPRS and EDGE
- Social Media :Social media network analysis and support
He is married with a child
Engr. Precious Onuoha is a Senior Engineer with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), registered and licensed as a professional to practice Engineering in Nigeria. She is the Head of the Professional Proficiency Development and Certification (PPD&C) Unit of COREN, the Unit in charge of handling partnerships with local and international organisations on Competency Skills Development and Certification to encourage Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in all engineering sectors, based on competency standards developed by industry experts. Under this project with the technical and financial support of the Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP) of GIZ, the certification courses under COREN’s purview are: Solar PV Installation (SPVI), Solar PV Installation Supervision (SPVIS), MiniGrid Design (MGD), Rural Hydro Civil Engineering (RHCE), Energy Management (EM) and Energy Audit (EA).
The Unit which she heads – the PPD&C was established in 2019 and is currently designated as the National Skills Certification Body for Clean Energy Skills in Nigeria. The PPD&C Unit aspires to extend the boundaries of competencies and skills in engineering available in the workforce to drive societal transformation. In doing so, it envisions that it will become the foremost provider of skill and knowledge measurement service in the Engineering profession. It believes that the enduring principles of integrity, service excellence, collaboration, and a pursuit of growth and learning will serve it well in translating its mission into reality.
Being result-oriented, Engr. Precious has been building capacity and working together with her team members to pursue the following priorities:
1. Create an effective demand for formal skill acquisition and certification.
2. Build capacity to conduct skills testing and certification on-demand.
3. Preserve formal training delivery quality through growth cycles.
4. Recover cost and grow revenue to fund new capacity development.
5. Strengthen the coordination for skills standards in engineering education and practice.
6. Increase employability among certified professionals.
Over the next 10 years, the PPD&C plans to focus on creating new career pathways in the Engineering sector.
Having bagged a Bachelor of Engineering in Polymer and Textile Engineering, Engr. Precious has good technical hands-on experience in PVC plastic pipe production.
She has and still serves efficiently and satisfactorily, some Committees of COREN’s Council in the following capacities:
1. Secretary, Washington Accord Application Committee.
2. Secretary, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Committee.
3. Member, Outcome Based Education (OBE) Implementation Committee.
4. Secretary, COREN-NEMSA MoU Committee.
5. Resource Person & Technical Presenter, Outcome Based Education (OBE) Nigerian Universities Regional Training-of-Trainers (ToTs) and Evaluators’ Workshops.
6. Member, COREN-HUAWEI Committee.
7. Secretary, Sub-Committee on Enforcing COREN Regulation in the Admission of New Students into Engineering Programmes in Universities and Polytechnics in line with the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS).
8. Secretary, COREN Accreditation Teams to Universities.
9. Secretary, Technical Sub-Committee & Rapporteurs, Main Organizing Committee (MOC) of the 29th & 30th COREN annual Engineering Assembly, 2021 & 2022.
10. Member of the Procurement Technical & Financial Bidding Committee.
11. Member of the Anti-Corruption and Transparency Committee.
She has gained the trust and commendation/endorsement of her bosses and leaders of the organization due to her unmatched excellent quality of work, effective performance, resourcefulness, dependability and commitment.