- Hits: 13183
APPOINTMENT, PROMOTION AND DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE OF COUNCIL
Appointments, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee
It is also within the powers of Council as provided in the Engineers (Registration, etc) Act Cap E11, 2004, Section 2 Subsection 1 of 1st schedule state as follow:
“Subject to the following sub-paragraph and to any directions of the Minister under this Act, the Council shall have power to do anything which in its opinion is calculated to facilitate the carrying of its activities”.
Also Sec 7 Sub-Section 1 states as follows:
“The Council may appoint one or more Committees to carryout, on behalf of the Council, such of its functions as the Council may determine”
- To determine the manning levels of the Council and recommend appointment into the various positions as appropriate.
- To determine the required qualifications for appointments and promotion.
- To supervise the yearly promotion exercise of the Registry Staff.
- To receive and review the result of promotion exercise and resolve any issues arising therefore.
- To receive complaints and petitions and adjudicate as appropriate.
- To review welfare of staff as the need arises.
- Any other staff matter as may be referred to it by Council.
The Committee shall be made up of the following:
- Chairman – to be appointed by the President
- 1 representative of the Honourable Minister
- 1 representative from the University
- 1 representative from the Polytechnic
- 1 representative each from the Associations - (NSE, NATE, NISET & NAEC)
- 2 representatives from States, 1 each from the North and South of the Country.
The quorum of the Committee shall be 5 members